2017 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T SE
2017 Volkswagen Jetta
The 2017 Volkswagen Jetta is the latest model in the legacy of the Jetta, a top contender in the small car class for decades. Avon and Indianapolis drivers on the market for a small car that’s elegant but affordable, fun but practical, the Jetta is waiting for you at Andy Mohr VW.Find Your New Jetta Secure this offer
Volkswagen Jetta Inventory
Trims and Pricing
There are two trim levels offered on the 2017 Volkswagen Jetta, but both are powered by the same great, efficient turbocharged engine so you only have to choose which luxury features you prefer:
- 2017 Volkswagen Jetta S: Starting at $17,895 MSRP
- 2017 Volkswagen Jetta SE: Starting at $20,895 MSRP
- 2017 Volkswagen Jetta SEL: Starting at $24,995 MSRP
- 2017 Volkswagen Jetta GLI: Starting at $27,895 MSRP
The new Volkswagen Jetta is instantly recognizable with its classic exterior with an ageless look. A clean design gives it an air of sophistication while every choice adds to your driving experience:
- Angular Contours: Lines down the body make for a striking appearance, reflecting light in just the right ways to make this compact car stand out on the road.
- Recognizable Fascia: A wide grille with vertical lines parallels the air intakes below, featuring the signature VW emblem front and center for a distinguished look of minimalism and grace.
- Alloy Wheels: A few stylish aluminum-alloy wheel designs are available to choose from, including stylish 17-inch 5 spoke wheels that add a dash of style and let the Jetta stand tall.
- Lighting the Way: Halogen headlights are featured up front paired with LED Daytime Running Lights for round the clock visibility. In the rear, darkened tail lights look and work great, and LED license plate lighting is available as well.
With a standard 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder, an available 1.8L turbocharged four-cylinder, and the 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder of the Jetta GLI, VW gives drivers plenty of performance options, each with some impressive specs for its class:
- 1.4L Turbo: The standard engine delivers 150 hp and 184 lb-ft and is paired to your choice of a five-speed manual transmission or a six-speed automatic. EPA-estimated fuel economy numbers put automatic transmission models at 40 mpg/highway.
- 1.8L Turbo: Give yourself a power upgrade with the 1.8L turbocharged four-cylinder with 170 hp and 184 lb.-ft. of torque. The mid-range Jetta engine is still efficient, earning up to an EPA-estimated 35 mpg/highway.
- 2.0L Turbo: The power of the GLI is something to experience, with this engine bringing 210 hp and 207 lb.-ft. of torque and your choice of six-speed manual or six-speed dual-clutch automatic (DSG), earning an EPA-estimated 33 mpg/highway with the DSG.
While many modern sedans are going for flashy interiors that might look a bit too bold in a few years, the 2017 VW Jetta interior design plays it safe with the style that has drawn drivers to Volkswagen vehicles for years. Opening and inviting, the cabin is wrapped in either a durable cloth upholstery or high-quality V-Tex synthetic leather, and you’ll find comfort features like heated front seating and automatic climate control.
Advanced tech features like these make the Jetta cabin more than just welcoming; they make it feel like home:
- VW Car-Net Telematics: This available combination of in-vehicle support and smartphone app bridges your driving life and the rest of your life. Receive enhanced navigation with traffic, emergency services, sports scores, weather information, and more with VW Car-Net Guide, Inform, Security, and Service.
- Fender Audio: The available 400-watt Fender premium audio system transforms your driving playlist into a true soundtrack for your life behind the wheel. Enjoy the audio quality of a concert from the comfort of your driver’s seat.
- Touchscreen: A standard 5-inch touchscreen (with upgradeable size) controls your media and vehicle settings, making it easy to manage Bluetooth controls, change playlists, or adjust the clock in the Jetta.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Volkswagen puts safety first in all of their vehicles, especially those like the Jetta that might find their way into the family garage. In addition to three-point seat belts, an array of airbags, and a precision engineered frame, the small sedan has the following advanced safety technologies as either standard or available features:
- Rearview Camera: Shift into reverse and the rearview camera projects its display onto the vehicle touchscreen so you can back up with confidence that there are no kids, bikes, or pets behind the car – and it makes backing into a tight spot a breeze.
- Forward Collision Warning: This advanced safety feature is available on select Jetta models and uses radar technology to warn you of a potential forward collision, giving the driver time to apply the brakes to slow or stop the Jetta.
- Automatic Emergency Braking: In the event that a driver doesn’t respond to the Forward Collision Warning system in time, this available safety feature can automatically brake for the driver.
2017 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
Most drivers need more than specs and features to get an idea of what makes a car the right choice for them, so we’ve brought together highlights from some top 2017 Volkswagen Jetta reviews to make your decision easier:
- The Car Connection: "The Jetta is one of the larger compact sedans on the market with room for four adults and plenty of cargo. Its upright style makes it easy to get in and out, rear passengers get plenty of leg room once they’re in."
- AutoTrader: "Although the Jetta is officially a compact, it’s one of the biggest in its class and offers space comparable to a midsize sedan. The range in general hasn’t always enjoyed a reputation for having a great amount of equipment or materials of decent quality, but Volkswagen is improving this state of affairs."
- Kelley Blue Book: "A new 1.4L turbo in the S and SE delivers good acceleration and great fuel economy, while the 1.8L turbo delivers more punch with nearly identical fuel economy."
Test Drive a 2017 Volkswagen Jetta Near Avon and Indianapolis at Andy Mohr Volkswagen
The 2017 Volkswagen Jetta has already made quite the impression on our Indianapolis and Avon drivers, and we want you to see it for yourself. Visit Andy Mohr VW today at 8791 E US-36 in Avon to get behind the wheel. Contact us online or by phone at (855) 219-7313 to schedule your test drive.Contact Us